Welcome to another edition of the Lazy Healthy Eater, where I answer the constant question…if you don’t like to meal prep, what do you eat?!
This time I decided that because both my father and David love pasta, I would put my own feelings about it aside (it’s like meh for me). I needed to keep it low sodium, fill it with veggies and enough protein that no one would be like… ugghh she made one of her healthy meals.
The result was a success!!
Healthy Pasta Bake Recipe
As with most dishes I share, you can change this up to use different veggies (i.e. cauliflower or zucchini) or you can swap in beef if that’s your preference. It’s all yummy just the same.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- garlic powder (I used Mrs Dash no sodium flavoring)
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 canned diced tomatoes (I picked one with basil and oregano, low sodium)
- 145g elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°C.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion til lightly brown then add in ground turkey.
- Add in broccoli for 2-3 minutes (will be bright green)
- Add tomatoes. Fill tomato can 3/4 full with water and add water to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta until well combined.
- Transfer to 8-cup baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling and pasta is cooked through.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
For the rest of you lazy cooks like me, checkout these ideas!
- Thanksgiving in a Crockpot
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- One sheet garlic and lemon brussels and green beans
- One Dish Apple Pork Chop
- Skinny Fish Tacos
You know I”m always looking for more easy healthy meals, so if you’ve got one I need to try, let me know!
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Instagram Daily Fun: RunToTheFinish
Facebook Community Chatter: RunToTheFinish