One of the few downsides to summer is that I want to spend even less time in the kitchen, and I feel like all of my crockpot meals are geared towards warm-hearty winter dishes.
Don’t get me wrong, I double tap super heart my veggie chili, but it doesn’t sound quite as appetizing as I walk in from being boiled by the 90 degree sun through the car windows. While I have no qualms with a non-stop power bowl marathon of meals around here, sometimes it’s nice to plate up dinner, sit down at the table and stare longingly in to each others eyes…or watch Suits.
Whether you’re in a rush for back to school or just need some new ideas to make meal planning easier than ever, these healthy and lighter slow cooker recipes will save you time, sanity and drive through calories.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Sliders (gluten free, no mayo) from Cotter Crunch
– Super great for feeding your allergy friends like me :)
– Uses frozen chicken for total last minute “oh no I need dinner”Slow Cooker Apple Butter from The Seasoned Mom
– If it’s time for a million PB&J’s why not use an all-natural easy option
– Great way to take advantage of extra apples (i.e. lower prices)
– Perfect for adding flavor to plain oatmeal or yogurt without a ton of calories
Mediterranean Frittata from Pure Wow
– High protein breakfast or dinner (love breakfast for dinner)
– Less prep than others I’ve seen
– Use unsweetened almond milk and skip goat cheese to make dairy free
– Add ground sausage to make it even more protein heavy
Hawaiian Shredded Chicken from The Real Food RD’s
– Super simple
– Great for topping a salad or sandwiches or rolled in a big leaf
– Great for changing up your chickenCrockpot Zucchini Pasta Bake from Britts Blurbs
– Who doesn’t have cheap or excess zucchini to use
– Meatless Monday option
– Easy to toss in some frozen meatballs at the end for those who want more protein
Clean Eating Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls from FitFoodieFinds
– Makes for easy meal prep to eat all week
– Great combo of protein and carbs
– I’d add in a bunch of veggies like sliced peppers, cause I’m a veghead
Roasted Tomato Soup from Fit Slow Cooker Queen
– Sometimes you just want a really light dinner after a hot day
– Still filling, but not heavy
– Another plant based winner
Triple Berry Crisp from Well Plated
– Last minute friends coming over, healthy dessert ready to roll
– Enjoy the last of summers berry bounty or use frozen
– Drastically less sugar than anything you’d buy (only uses maple syrup)Vegan Nacho Cheese Dip from Whitney English R.D.
– Who says a plate of nachos isn’t a perfect Friday night dinner while chatting with friends?
– Delicious dairy free option for veggies, crackers or topping a salad
Banana Nut Oatmeal from The Lemon Bowl
– Fabulous make ahead breakfast to get you out the door
– Easy to switch up toppings
– Allergy friendly with almond milk
Low Carb Pizza Chicken from The Protein Chef
– Hey you gotta love pizza options!
– No crust, but a really fun option and filled with protein
– Not suitable for my dairy free friends
Lentil Sloppy Joes from Simply Quinoa
– Sneaky way to create a plant based meal with tons of protein and flavor
– Feels lighter than a bowl of chili
– Great for topping a salad if you don’t want the bunQuinoa Energy Bars from Food Faith Fitness
– Eliminating the too busy excuse the morning by cooking the night before
– Easy to add more protein if desired
– Sweet enough to please picky morning eaters who just want cereal
Now my biggest issue is what to make first because I want them all! I think it’s time to get cracking on all the meal planning tips my must smarter friends have shared with me over the years.
Do you have easy go to summer meals?
Do you change how you eat by season?
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Get more healthy recipe ideas on Pinterest