As runners we know that working our hips, glutes and abs is key to remaining injury free. But figuring out exactly when and how to do that can be A LOT. This 30 Day Core Challenge will help give you the exact workouts to do, making it a part of your routine!
The Secret to Running Injury Free…
Why not just do a plank a day?!
Because that won’t make you a better runner and it won’t work all the muscles in your core for that whittled middle so many desire. No, no, we need a great core challenge for beginners to help us make changes.
You absolutely have 10 minutes to create a more injury proof body and as a bonus sculpt some definition in that midsection!
10 Minutes a Day to Core Power
- Stop saving tons of routines that you done once and forget
- Stop trying to figure out how to make it part of your routine
- Follow the calendar of workouts
- Get support from our Virtual Run Club
- Get bonus runner strength training workouts and access to the Better Runner Blueprint
Each day you’ll get an exact description of what to do that’s been put together from my decade of coaching and nearly two decades of running 1600+ miles a year.
Once this program is stand alone in the future it will be $59, so you get it PLUS the Virtual Run Club for $15.99/month right now!
We start the Challenge as a group on March 1st – all workouts will be available that day and we’ll kick off the program with a LIVE chat in the group to answer all your questions.
But more FAQ below.
A 10 minute core workout for runners is all you need to start building strength and make progress.
What to expect in the 30 Day Core Challenge:
Currently this is only be offered as part of the Virtual Run Club. This allows me to answer questions and make sure it’s tip top before sending folks off on their own to do it.
Get started by March 1!
- 30 Day Calendar outlining exactly what to do
- 10 minute workouts
- 5 Ab focused workout videos
- 2 hip stretch focused videos and 2 mobility focused workouts
- 2 hip strength and 2 glute strength videos
- LIVE Q&A with me each Thursday – Answering your questions and starting to talk half marathon training
- LIVE with Coach Cortney Berling Dietitian – Fueling our bodies for success
- Strength Workout videos from Coach Kaitlyn and Coach Laura
- Group accountability and support
In the early days of this website (2008-2010), every month I selected a 30 day challenge to help me create new habits. Overtime that grew and they became challenges that hundreds of runners started participating in as well!
Why we want to work our core?
99% of runners who end up in physical therapy with an injury hear the words “Weak hips” or “inactive glutes”.
This is our chance to fix those issues before they start and prevent knee pain, low back pain, hip pain and ankle issues!
What happens after March?
And of course the club doesn’t stop in March, if you stay with us we’re going to keep rolling with nutrition, low heart rate and starting to focus on strength training for runners along with a group half marathon focus.
- Yes the group is an ongoing monthly fee.
- The Core Challenge is currently ONLY available inside the group
- Videos are accessible via the Thinkific platform where you register and the course is hosted
- Videos can be watched in any order on any day if you need to move things around
- You can cancel your membership at anytime, you aren’t locked in for a set number of months
– Continuing to build on nutrition
– Continue half marathon training as a group
– Incorporating more strength training workout videos and guides
– Diving in to running form
– Drills to improve speed and footwork
What People are Saying About Virtual Run Club
People hitting PR’s, feeling stronger, finding support and motivation in a time when we might be struggling.
COMMON RUN CLUB FAQS
After talking on IG Stories about Virtual Run Club you had a lot of awesome questions! Instead of sending out individual messages, I thought it was better to answer them for everyone because someone else is probably wondering too!
What if I am not currently running?
There is no specific running plan that anyone must follow in the group. Instead, this is a place to get answers, find motivation and hopefully help you build back stronger (especially when we bring in experts like Physical Therapists so you can ask questions!).
Are Training Plans Provided?
Customized training plans are part of our personalized coaching options, inside the group it’s a lot more about helping you maximize your training. Inside the group you will have access to some of our standard plans for 5K, 10, Half marathon!
Are there guys in the group?
Yes indeed! While we do have more females than males, we’re continually getting more gentleman to join us because the tactics of training really aren’t gender specific!
Do I need a FB Account?
You can access the course without one, but all the discussions and talks with coaches do happen on our Private Facebook Group.
We definitely have members who have a FB account just to join us there, so you don’t have to make it a public account. I have tested other group chats in the past and this one just works most universally.
Will I be charged monthly?
Yes. It’s a monthly fee to remain in the group with access to all the coaches, experts and guides. However, you are free to cancel at anytime.
Our running community is about so much more than just race day. We have a bond that others may never quite understand and now is our chance to help support each other when we can’t do it through high fives.
Who’s Running this Show?
Pun fully intended because I love them! If you’re new around here, I’m Amanda Brooks.
Certified running coach and personal trainer since 2012.
Author of thousands of articles about running and the book Run To The Finish, as well as a long time runner myself having covered over 26,000 miles.
I believe in researching everything and staying up to date on the latest information to ensure that you have it too! The 4 additional coaches in the group have been coaching for years, one is an RD, another is an Ultra queen and the other has been training people in person for years.
It’s a combo of resources to answer all your questions.
I hope you’ll come along for the ride with us because we always achieve more together than alone.
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Instagram Daily Fun: RunToTheFinish
Facebook Community Chatter: RunToTheFinish