Can you possibly make an entire Thanksgiving meal in your slow cooker?!
That’s a challenge, I was absolutely willing to take on because I knew that once we devoured a serious Thanksgiving meal cooked by my friend Laura…well we’d be dying for some leftovers at home. But how could I spend all day cooking while being somewhere else eating?!
Crockpot to the rescue.
And because I saw this tweet, I won’t even bore you with a big long story about the number of years David and I spent Turkey Day just the two of us or why I think Friendsgiving is the best invention.
Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Dinner
Bonus points because the ONLY time of year that I eat stuffing is around Thanksgiving.
It is genuinely one of my favorite foods…that’s kind of the problem. I don’t eat a serving, I eat everyone’s servings, ha!!! In fact, my husband’s mom took to making extra when I would visit! I could eat it year round which would probably help eat less around turkey day…but I kind of love looking forward to it!
Easy, peasy, let’s making some turkey magic.
Healthy Crockpot Thanksgiving Dinner
- 2 cups golden potatoes quartered
- Half chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 box stuffing or go crazy and make your own I like the Trader Joe's Gluten Free
- 3-5 lb turkey or whatever size you prefer and fits your slow cooker!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Place potatoes in bottom of crockpot
- Add in turkey (also can use turkey breasts if easier, make sure to clean out a whole turkey if you get one)
- Onions, celery, carrots fit in around the turkey
- Dump in the stuffing
- Cover with chicken broth
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 8 hours
Do you make Thanksgiving dishes on other days?
What’s your must have Thanksgiving food?
Other ways to connect with Amanda