Hula hoop it.
Whatever floats your boat, let’s getting moving on January 1 to set the tone for a year of healthy living.
For some added motivation, we’ve got the official Resolution Run! This isn’t a hit your personal best kind of run, it’s a way to start entering winter maintenance mode and not winter hibernation!
VIRTUAL RUN 5K
January 1st, 2016
This is one of my favorite things every year! I started it as part of the Holiday Challenge in 2010 and then began doing it in person for a few years in Miami along with the virtual portion. I’ve always loved the race bibs where you can proudly display your resolution, while kicking things off in a healthy way, but this year we are stepping it up a bit with training plans, shirts and prizes!
Register to receive:
- 5 Week Training Plan
– Beginner and Intermediate Plan
– Example cross training workouts
- Printable Race Bib
- Optional Race Shirt for paid participants
– Long Sleeve
– 100% cotton
– Unisex shirt
– Light gray with the above logo (final shirt shared soon)
- Submit results to enter for prizes
– Winners selected randomly from participants, sorry not finish time based!
1. Register for the paid option with a shirt or the free option with links above.
2. Download the free training plan
3. Print out a race bib for everyone participating (will come via email)
4. Race day…run, walk, whatever you like for a minimum of 5K
5. Share your fun on social media with #ResolutionRun
6. Submit your results for prize entries by January 5th.
What is it: A Virtual Run is a race that can be ran at any location. You have a flexible time frame in which to finish your race. Awards are given not to the fastest runner, but to runners for a variety of things (like cheering on others, posting your photo on social media, generally being awesome and just participating)!
How does it work: After you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your training plan (give it up to 24 hours) and your race shirt will be going out mid-December (late registrations may not receive shirts prior to race day).
Training Plan: Your 5 week plan is focused on starting the maintenance process and will give you a great foundation for going in to 2016 stronger, healthier and with one of my favorite things…a habit!!
The Shirt: The shirt for the Resolution Run 2016 is a long sleeve unisex shirt because hey we rarely get those from a race! I tried my darndest to find a great dry fit shirt, but the price then went up beyond what I thought was reasonable.
Who can participate? Everyone, that’s the beauty of it! You can encourage friends to join you or you can go solo without a worry about pace, porta potties or early start times. International runners will be sent a follow up email with shipping costs for the shirt.
Report Results: You’ll receive an email on January 1 with details on how to submit your race photos and results! You have until January 5th to report and then winners will be selected for prizes.
Thanks to our sponsors Vega, UDI’s Gluten Free and myCharge for submitting prizes!
Prizes are only available for paid participants.
- First to Report Time
- Best Costume
- Best Resolution
- Best cheerleader
- Longest Run (sure it says 5K, but what’s stopping you from going farther?!)
- Randomly selected awesomeness
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Get new posts via BlogLovin