Protein, protein, protein is the name of the game for this girl right now.
It’s so necessary as the body tries to recover from injury and your normal workouts!Plus, as I learned during my metabolic efficiency test if I balance my meals with carbs and protein then I stop that insulin swing which not only messes with our moods, but can help with fat loss.
This particular recipe is a double whammy on protein thanks to liquid egg whites. I use this brand because there is only 1 ingredient, no strange fillers, just 100% real liquid egg whites.
3 Ingredient Protein Pancakes
I often get asked if I’m gluten free and the answer is “not really”. I just tend to gravitate towards meals that aren’t super heavy in things that would have gluten, like I don’t care for pasta and in bread I’m a massive sourdough fan!!
Therefore this is a fabulous allergy friendly high protein recovery meal!
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Vega Sport Vanilla because I LOVE this plant based brand)
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- Mash banana
- Mix in protein
- Add AllWhites
- Pour into a sloppy mess because we aren’t food bloggers, we’re runners.
- Plate and devour!!! You can top it with peanut butter, but honestly I let mine cool and grabbed it to go!
- These also pop in the fridge so you can snack later.
Delicious, #lowcarb, high protein, 3 ingredient post workout #recipe Click To Tweet
Nutrition per protein pancake (makes 3)
1.5 g Fat
8.5 g Protein
13 g Carbs — use less banana if you really want lower carb, but this is great post workout refuel
I’ve talked a lot about the importance of your post workout meal. Take advantage of the chance to eat real foods over gels during your run! It’s not just about calories, but what those calories are doing for you to boost recovery and ensure you’re ready for the next run.
Personally, simple needs to be part of the plan for me to get in a good meal and that’s why I love this. Also, confession mine is usually topped with nut butter and a side of green smoothie!
Why use egg whites?
Nothing wrong with a whole egg!! But here are my thoughts on using AllWhites for recovery recipes:
- Rich in protein, 5 grams per serving, while only 25 calories
- Creates a VOLUME boost to my meal, which makes me feel fuller
- No fat
- Half the calories of traditional whole eggs
- Less than 1% carbohydrate content
- I ALWAYS sample the batter and this way it’s actually safe to eat
- Great option for protein smoothies, no flavor, extra volume
- Safer to use in things like salad dressing, no fear of food born illness
If you’re in the mood for more high protein breakfast ideas, I’ve got 97 of them waiting for you!
What’s your favorite way to make pancakes?
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Instagram Daily Fun: RunToTheFinish
Facebook Community Chatter: RunToTheFinish