A recent article in Women’s Health magazine caught my attention because well it labeled me as a fitness snob! I understand the idea they were going for the but felt that much of what they were calling “snob” was more accurately people who enjoy being fit.
snob: “…a person who believes that some people are
inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons.”
5 signs you are a snob according to Women’s Health Magazine:
- “The bumper of your car is plastered with 26.2 stickers” – Breaking news, everyone with a college, family, or peace symbol isn’t just proud of who they are, but looking down on the rest of the world. I always knew people with 2 adults, 2 kids and cat sticker were secretly judging me, it just took WH to point it out. Pssshhhhh, please anyone I’ve seen with a 13.1 sticker is beaming with pride, not prejudice.
- “You wear your Nike Fuelband with everything – including cocktail attire” – My white Timex watch is my “good” watch because that’s who I am…those who judge me for wearing it…snob?
- “Even your underwear comes from Lululemon” – Brand loyalty people, ha! Maybe if you are asking about my running undies and then judging me for being commando, I don’t know why it makes you a snob.Could you be a fitness snob and not know it?! Here are the signs! #fitness Click To Tweet
- “Your profile is a sweaty gym selfie” – Mine isn’t sweaty, but it’s probably always going to be fitness related. Why does showing off a passion make you a snob? I actually follow a lot of people on social media whose profile pic is related to working out because it tells me that is important to them and something they will talk about. If your profile pic is a cat, then I now assume you hate dogs. Profile pic is your two kids, guess you must be thinking you are better than your childless friends.
- “Zumba is a considered a swear word in your house” – This speaks to a greater fitness issue that irritates me: anyone who believes “their” workout is the only way to do it, be it running, CrossFit, yoga or Zumba. So yes WH, I will give you this one it’s total snobbery.
There you have it! Think Out Loud with me, does all this really make you a fitness snob?
Are you a fitness snob based on their criteria??
What do you think makes someone a fitness snob?