The HBBC this year was maybe the best ever, not by numbers but by serious participation and results of the group. After a lot of debate (internally), I agreed it was time to implement a Spring Challenge!! With great feedback from the group some changes are underway and some things remain the same. It is no longer weighted towards runners with the new easier point system.
For the Spring Challenge ALL PARTICIPANTS will be receiving a pair of Lock Laces!! You can check out my recent review of why I love these and 1 in 10 Ironman finishers are already using them…but in addition once you receive those laces if you post a picture on social media with #LOCKLACES you could be one one of two to win a FREE RACE ENTRY or a FREE PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES (up to $150). I’ll provide you more details after registration on how this works.This means for less than the price of a one month gym membership you are immediately getting Lock Laces, a training plan and support group for seven weeks!
Who: Everyone who wants some added motivation for a Spring Shape Up!
When: CHALLENGE STARTS ON Mar 4 – Apr 21
How: Register by clicking the button above
Cost: $10 – $45 depending on options selected
– $10: Group support, weekly emails, expert Q&A, receive basic training plan – no prizes (except Lock Laces)
– $22: Group support, weekly emails, expert Q&A, receive basic training plan – eligible for prizes
– $47: All of the above, plus additional support to reach goals faster (more details here)
Why: Group support and rewards for sticking to healthy habits…plus rocking that swimsuit this summer.
- Earn 1 point per 10 minutes of activity
- Earn points for eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies
- Free group forum
- Meet other like minded folks to help you stay on track.
- Receive a half marathon training
- Receive a basic strength training plan
- Win prizes!!
- Get answers from experts in nutrition, running, cross fit, yoga and more.
- Michelle Lovitt – Celebrity trainer
- Susan Becraft – YouTube Trainer, 30 Day Ab Challenge Coach and Be Fit Extreme 30
- Lindsay Livingston of Lean Green Bean – Dietetic Intern focus on healthy meal makeovers and planning
- Mary Baum of Food and Fun On The Run – Running coach
- Vanessa Scotto – Life Coach with 15 years experience
This 7 week health & fitness challenge is meant to help everyone get a jump start on feeling great for swimsuit season or stay on track to meet fitness goals. It’s a friendly competition to exercise, eat healthy and even do a little soul work. There are different fitness levels, so everybody can compete & a multitude of ways to earn points.
Basic training plans for lifting and running will be provided, but are only to help provide guidance, they are not the focus of the challenge and do not need to be followed. For a more structured workout, I recommend Best Body Bootcamp by Tina Reale.
A few changes to ensure this challenge is not so heavily weighted towards runners:
1 point for 10 minutes of exercise
1 point daily for drinking your 64 oz water
1 point daily for eating 7-9 servings of freggies (fruits/veggies)
1 point for completion of any WOW
1 point daily for doing the Golden Morning (any time of day)
Other daily/weekly points will be in line with the current 30 day challenges, such as 5 minute mornings or healthy start breakfasts. The groups will now be as follows (yes I like the shoe metaphor):
Stability: Avg 10+ hours week
Low Profile: Avg 7+ hours/week
Minimalist: Avg 3+ hours/week
If you aren’t yet at the Minimalist level, let this be your chance to try!! It could be 3 x 60 min beginner’s yoga or 6 x 30 min walking.
Both an excel worksheet and word doc will be provided for personal tracking of points throughout the week.
Final weekly tally will be entered on the group spreadsheet.
Weekly email reminders are sent about prizes, experts, Tweet Chats and tracking.
- Weekly goal exercises designed to help guide you through achieving your specific goals.
- Bi-weekly group call to create accountability, brainstorming and a place to celebrate achievements keeping you moving forward – coaching without the high fees of doing it solo
All prizes are awarded randomly – participation standards must be met (around 50 total prizes).
To be eligible you must participate (fill out Google Doc).
High point earners will automatically be entered in final prize selection. Points do not mean bigger or better prizes, just entry for a prize.
Referral prizes are also available – you could earn back your entry fee immediately by referring 3 friends.
A few of the current sponsors include: LockLaces, Vega, Daiya Cheese, Amy’s Organic Kitchen, Sony Wireless walkman, Simply Snackin’, Rodale, Pure Matters, Oakley, Sweaty Bands, ProCompression, Coola Suncare, Asaperis Compression Shorts Make sure to check them all out here>>
Can’t wait to get started!! Register now>>
A few testimonials about why this challenge works>>
”Not so structured that I had to move my life around to be successful. I could still do my favorite exercises, yet I was given opportunities to try something new here and there (I found I’ve been really missing out on yoga!). I appreciate there was also consideration given to diet considering it’s as important as exercise. The support was tremendous and not just limited to the facebook group (Instagram, blogs, Twitter).” –Jessica
I am grateful for the honest and sincere feedback provided by all the holiday challengers! Constructive criticism to compliments were all appreciated to make this round even better.