An online running club or a virtual running club might not be exactly what you had in mind for training this year, but what if it’s exactly what you NEED to make the most of your miles?
Online Running Club
A virtual running group is seriously genius.
You don’t have to drive anywhere, you don’t have to smell anyone and you don’t have that weird first show up where you wonder if anyone will be your pace
Whether you’ve been disappointed by cancelled races or decided right now to start your running journey, runners need the support of a group now more than ever.
If you’re thinking “yes, an online running community is exactly what I need now to accomplish my running goals” then I have great news: we have a Private Run to the Finish Online running club.
In addition to being connected to an awesome community of runners, Run To The Finish Private Group members get much more:
- Run to the Finish Better Runner Blueprint Course: 9 easy to follow modules with tons of exercise videos
- Access to all 3 of our Coaches in a private group setting
- Amanda goes live every Thursday to answer questions or go deeper on new topics
- Monthly Expert Video Trainings on nutrition, physical therapy, mindset, etc.
- FUN, LAUGHTER, FRIENDSHIP (some of my best friends I met thanks to the community we built on Instagram!)
This Fall our Virtual Run Club will continue to talk about Low Heart Rate Training to build a strong running base, but also start adding in speed work for some great group 5K’s.
Additionally, we’ll be doing strength workouts and adding in some fun tools for ACCOUNTABILITY as the winter starts…there might just be some giveaways like running shoes too.
All this is going to help us crush races in 2021.
So sign up today for the Running Group to get the guide for free and run with us (virtually) in September.
For a limited time, join the club + get everything listed above for only $11.99 a month
October to December 5K-10K Speed
After we’ve set up that great foundation with discussion of Low Heart Rate training in Sept, we’re going to start working on speed.
- 8 week program to run your first or first in a long time 5K (assuming you have been running)
- 8 week program to run a FAST 5k (assuming a good base)
- In November, we’ll provide the second piece of the plans for finishing the year with a 10K
- 4 Week Strength Training Plan
- 4 Week Guide to help put the pieces all together (run, strength, mobility, stretch, hips, core)
This time will be about learning how to continue becoming a smarter runner. Knowing when to run easy and what types of speed work are best for you…along with plenty of strength training to get faster and more efficient in your runs.
- We’ll run a 5K as a group to have that extra support
- We’ll do a test run on day 1 and again on day 30
- We’ll talk about how to add speed, types of speed work and basic plan
January – Back to a deep dive on nutrition for runners and running for weight loss.
– Guides provided to help with sugar cravings and the complete Running For Weight Loss Guide
February – Big time hitting the Low Heart Rate Training from Scratch
– LHR training plans provided
– New Walker plans provided (and tips to transition to running at LHR)
Running For Weight Loss
You’ll still have access to the running for weight loss discussions that happened in August via the Course.
This topic is so important because doing it wrong (hello drastically cutting calories, not fueling runs, counting macros just to eat lots of Pop Tarts) leads to hormonal issues, crappy runs and regaining weight.
- Registered Dietiain Serena Marie provided tips on run fueling
- Health Coach Laura Peifer on 3 big reasons your weight loss has stalled
- Chloe Padilla covering the key to eating enough to lose (that’s right not less)
Why a virtual running club is so valuable?
I started running because of a group road trip to a race.
I ran my first marathon because of a Clydesdale friend who wouldn’t stop asking.
I got inspired to try for new goals from friends online pushing boundaries.
The running community is everywhere…right now we just need to connect a little differently.
In a time where you might feel lost on how to train or what to focus on, a group is there to provide support. To give you ideas that help you keep pushing with or without a race.
You’ll find runners who understand your weird habits and have no problem helping share ideas around how to avoid those URGENT bathroom moments.
And eventually when we’re able to connect in person more often, you’ll find friends on the start line. Because of this blog and the community we’ve created through social media I know I can find a running buddy in any city and I can get HONEST feedback on gear or injuries or just share the highs and lows of this journey.
Mostly this solo runner learned that whether I spend the miles alone or with a friend that community still exists and is absolutely vital to the long term enjoyment of my running life.
COMMON RUN CLUB FAQS
After talking on IG Stories about Virtual Run Club you had a lot of awesome questions! Instead of sending out individual messages, I thought it was better to answer them for everyone because someone else is probably wondering too!
What if I am not currently running?
There is no specific running plan that anyone must follow in the group. Instead, this is a place to get answers, find motivation and hopefully help you build back stronger (especially when we bring in experts like Physical Therapists so you can ask questions!).
Are Training Plans Provided?
Customized training plans are part of our personalized coaching options, inside the group it’s a lot more about helping you maximize your training. In October and November when we are focused on the 5K and 10K, I’ll be providing training plans. But again, they won’t be customized.
Are there guys in the group?
Yes indeed! While we do have more females than males, we’re continually getting more gentleman to join us because the tactics of training really aren’t gender specific!
Do I need a FB Account?
You can access the course without one, but all the discussions and talks with coaches do happen on our Private Facebook Group.
We definitely have members who have a FB account just to join us there, so you don’t have to make it a public account. I have tested other group chats in the past and this one just works most universally.
Will I be charged monthly?
Yes. It’s a monthly fee to remain in the group with access to all the coaches, experts and guides. However, you are free to cancel at anytime.
Our running community is about so much more than just race day. We have a bond that others may never quite understand and now is our chance to help support each other when we can’t do it through high fives.
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Instagram Daily Fun: RunToTheFinish
Facebook Community Chatter: RunToTheFinish