Not only is the lunchtime workout (aka. runch) a great break for your brain, but it could be when you’re primed for a great run.
Your body will have warmed up, ensuring that you aren’t running on tight stiff muscles, reaction times are better, testosterone is peaking, your heart rate and blood pressure are at their lowest as well.
All of that means you could make more gains from a strength session, like hill running, or find yourself hitting better speeds at the track. Added bonus that you won’t have to hustle for a spot in SoulCycle or fight for a treadmill.
Afraid your boss won’t be on board? Share with them why runners make the best employees!
Then use these tricks to maximize your workout time, while getting back to work feeling fresh. Thanks to my friends at Olay for the moisturizing body wash which sparked this idea! I’ve always been quick, but that speeds things up even more.
Step 1: Shower
Some of you might opt to skip the shower, but this girl glistens and I guarantee you’ll feel just a little more comfortable the rest of the day after a rinse.
Now is not the time to shave your legs and do massive grooming. No, no my friends, tie your hair up or don a beautiful shower cap and focus on your body. Save tons of time by lathering up with Olay Ultra Moisturize body wash, which will get you clean and save you the need for putting on lotion later.
No need to choose between feeling clean and feeling moisturized! The Shea butter in this new formula will immediately penetrate the skin for that great soft feeling, sans the layer of a lotion.
While in the shower, also scrub with a facial cleanser to remove any remaining dirt and keep your skin blemish free, making the makeup part faster than ever! Get moving, no soaking up that hot water right now.
Step 2: Hair
Did you know it’s actually better not to wash your hair every day? That leads to breakage and damage, so tada another reason not to spend your runch washing your hair! A few things that can help:
- Braids before the workout, seem to take you right off to work no problems.
- Rock the top knot, luckily messy styled hair is in right now.
- Dry shampoo is one of the best inventions ever and will soak up any greasy looking spots.
- Snag a hat if it’s casual Friday.
Step 3: Make Up
Granted I’m a girl who is pretty low key with make up, but just a few quick things can have you feeling put together.
- Keep it to the basics – eye liner and mascara will brighten and open your eyes.
- Some swear by waterproof mascara, eliminating the need to reapply post workout.
- You’ll already be glowing from the workout so no need for extra bronzer
- Try a CC cream like Olay which will help to cover blemishes, moisturize and provide SPF all in one.
- Grab a bright lip for some serious color or stick to lip gloss if your outfit is really the boss of the day.
Step 4: Clothing
Now is not the time to be pondering whether the new baby blue shirt makes your hair look blonder or the long tunic is too blousy.
Select your outfit the night before and put it on. Trust me, no matter what your brain says, if it looked good yesterday it looks good today too. Other tips:
- Lightweight fabrics or linen are good in the summer to allow you to keep cooling
- Cold showers will help slow the potential sweat issues
- Keep a couple pieces of chunky jewelry in your bag if you need to dress things up
- Rock Vogues rules for turning your workout gear into street clothes
Step 5: Food
Let’s be honest part of my get ready plan is the food I’ll be eating on the way from workout to working. My bags are always stocked with bars and an apple because they travel well! I won’t rehash all the post workout ideas because I’ve dug into what’s ideal post workout food here >>
15 minutes. Showered. Ready. On the way.
You’re a runner, you’ve got this. Just don’t move so fast you skip the deodorant.
Bonus tip: don’t you dare pick up that iPhone for your mirror selfie, it will derail the entire process as you edit, post and then start checking everyone elses Instagrams.
How often do you Runch?
Can you get ready in a flash?
OTHER WAYS TO CONNECT
Get each new post in your inbox — talk about speedy service
Get more inspiration on Pinterest