Have you ever noticed that as soon as something is off limits you are drawn to it like a moth to a flame?? I love making sweet potato fries, but suddenly I wanted zucchini fries which are normally made with egg and milk and breadcrumbs.
- ¼ cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- zucchini sliced into 1/4 strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Place almond milk in a shallow bowl.
- Drag zucchini slices through almond milk and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisped – flip once during baking