When you need a snack that’s high protein, low carb, low sugar and a million percent delicious…it’s time for high protein cookie dough!!
I have a version using Chickpeas that was my go to for years, but I realized I needed a no bean option too.
We’re all worried about silly little things like e coli and spend a lot of energy trying not to eat the regular cookie dough, so let’s just make life easy with an option we can eat and feel healthy.
This high protein cookie dough is super easy and you can always bake it up for your own copy cat version of a Lenny and Larry’s protein cookie.
High Protein Cookie Dough
This is recipe creates roughly 10 servings at 100 calories each with 5 grams of protein or 5 servings with 10 grams of protein….
or one really large serving with 50 grams of protein.
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder (any flavor your prefer, I’m a big Vega Sport fan)
- 3/4 cup almond floor
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 tbsp honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- Any berries
- If baking, add 1 tsp baking powder
Since it’s summer time, I actually used a berry flavor for round one which was pretty tasty…but no lie, I’m always happiest with the vanilla protein and some dairy free chocolate chips!!
I love this particular version because it really is an allergy friendly energy bite option, which many of you had said is really hard to find.
- No dairy
- No eggs
- No gluten
- No peanut butter
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients and stir like crazy, yes with your hands not a mixer
- Top with berries
- For baking – put oven on 350, put in for 12 minutes…they may need longer, have to watch them it’s tricky with the volume of dry ingredients
Yes there’s been a lot of talk of protein treats around here lately and that’s because I am continuing to make that a focus of my diet for recovery and running stronger!
Not just because I’m getting older, hey 39 isn’t so bad, but because as runners we tear down our muscles, but often don’t look at it the way those lifting weights do.
Gotta give our bodies a chance to repair and refuel otherwise it starts to use our muscles for fuel, which is no good!
Looking for more high protein options?
- Delicious high protein post workout smoothies
- Cookies and Cream Recovery Smoothie
- High protein vegan pumpkin bread
- High protein pancakes
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Why do we love the dough so much?!
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Get more healthy recipe inspiration Pinterest