We’re taking a little break from the normal training talk today for a little fun. I hope you’ll hop in and share your own thoughts!
Each week a new article comes out with another thing we should be doing to have better health, better runs, better sex! I want to do them all, but some have stuck more easily than others.
So in case you’re having a case of the should’s or seeing too many bloggers you think are perfect (but really do you think that?!) here are some of the great health tips that I never follow, which I’ve been pondering ever since reading Coffee Cake and Cardio make her own confessions!#1 Warm Lemon Water
Drinking a glass of warm lemon water first thing upon waking is supposed to help cleanse the system and of course get you started on hydrating. I’m just too lazy to squeeze the lemon, so instead as most of you know I do a little protein and water to start getting that in pre-run.
#2 Kale Chips
Too expensive to buy and too lazy to make this fantastic snack rarely passes my lips.
#3 10oz water per mile while running
I can’t stand the slosh, so I’d quite rather be dehydrated a bit.
#4 No Eating after 7PM
This is a Bob Harper rule designed to keep you from snacking on less than stellar foods…I don’t go cookie crazy or anything, but I’m sure I could do without some of the cereal and trail mix that’s consumed as the night winds down.
#5 No Eating in front of the TV
I know how important it is to be mindful, but there is something very relaxing for me about taking a break from thinking about what to write next by getting lost in someone else’s story while I enjoy my power bowl. If I could easily read and eat, I’d do that instead.
#6 Cut the Sugar
I’ve written many times about the detrimental effects of sugar, but every attempt at a sugar free life has sent me rebounding to more sugar than ever. I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, I don’t go cliff diving…I think releasing sugar as a vice and simply enjoying a little each day is going to be A-OK for me.
#7 Buy Organic for anything you eat the skin
I really did do this for awhile…then things just kept getting more expensive and I slacked. Now I always buy organic apples because they taste better, but I should probably get back to it for a few other things.
#8 Get a Trainer
I hate being told what to do in general…I really don’t like it when you’re pushing me out of my comfort zone. I prefer to do that on my own terms.
#9 Lift Heavy Things
I did start increasing the weights I’m lifting, but I have zero desire ever to do Olympic lifts like my Cross Fitting friends.
#10 Cold Shower Therapy
Tons of great research on a cold morning shower getting you started with focus and fat burning…nope.
Since I’m already Thinking Out Loud today, I figured it would be a fun time to answer one of the surveys my bloggie buddies, Courtney, Angela, Anne and Julie to name a few, have been doing lately to introduce myself to so many of you new readers!
Five: A Random Blog Survey5 Places I’m Going in 2016 (more to come!)
- Israel (Jerusalem Half Marathon in March)
- Ireland (Trip with David in September)
- Minneapolis (Travel Bloggers Conference in May)
- Miami (Work conference in May)
- Utah (Half marathon this Fall)
5 Places I’m Dying to Visit
Travel writing has certainly given me opportunities to visit places I’ve never even dreamed of, which means the list of places I now want to go is longer than anyone would want to read…so these really are the one’s that come to mind first.
- Australia (every bit of this place I’d love to explore!)
- Slovenia (I’ve heard it’s gorgeous country for hiking from someone I met in Iceland!)
- South Africa (Seeing beautiful animals in their natural habitat…gotta do it)
- Italy (Ok I’ve been there, but I can’t wait to go back I loved every place we went)
- Vermont (I want to do a trip in the Fall!!)
5 Foods I Eat Every day
I’m a totally habitual eater, so my days are very much the same…but I really do try to rotate greens and such to prevent issues.
- Chocolate (Darker the better! Also means dairy free)
- Almond Butter (or peanut or cashew or sunflower, I don’t discriminate)
- Cereal (usually Love Grown Power O’s)
- Carrots (baby carrots keep my snacking under control)
- Spinach (smoothie time)
5 Instagram Accounts I Love
I’ve talked a lot about what I look for in an Instagram account, so here are some of the new one’s I’m following:
- GoldieHawn_ (nope not the actress, just an adventurer)
- Chix_Run_Utah (they’re so dang happy, I just want to run with them!)
- NYC Pretty (Bright and colorful she shows of style that I don’t have along with fitness)
- Healthy Happier (I met Ashley years ago and adore her, along the way her photos have also gotten seriously great)
- CallenGreen (A friend I met through Sony who just manages to capture a scene so amazingly well)
5 Races I’d Love To Run
Many of my destinations listed above would be enhanced by finding a good race :0) but these are races I’d like to run for the location, the experience and the memories.
- Reach the Beach
- London Marathon
- Cherry Blossom 10 Miler
- Niagara Falls Women’s Half Marathon
5 Things I do Every Day
- Take a walk
- Read a book (inspiring or just a great story)
- Create lists
5 Books I Want To Read (or Have Just Read/Am Reading)
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (finished this week)
- How Bad Do You Want It by Matt Fitzgerald (working on a write up!)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (I’ve been in to magic books since Harry Potter, loved this)
- The Alphabet House by Jussi Adler-Olsen (I love historical non-fiction and this one is a great mystery)
- Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer (supposed to be an amazing book of pushing limits)
Pick any of the topics and let me know your 5!!
Or share the healthy tip you skip!
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Get more tips via Pinterest