Is running the most important thing in life?
No. But it ranks right up there with water, oxygen and family as it’s absolutely become something that I can’t do without and has shaped my life in so many positive ways.
As a birthday gift to myself, I’m taking a moment to reflect on the last 17 years of running to note the lessons which have been so instrumental to ensure that I continue to LOVE it and stay strong.
All of that is a very long winded way of saying today is a round up of 37 of my favorite running tips because without a doubt running is one of the things which has allowed me to continue to feel great year after year.
I’ve had an insane amount of fun pulling together the information in these articles throughout the years. I hope you’ll do me a huge birthday present and share them with friends!
Training and Racing
These are my best running tips for everything from choosing the right race goal to getting past your race day nerves.
- A Doable Guide to your First 5k
- Mastering the 10K
- 14 Tips to Run a Sub Two Half Marathon
- Transitioning from the Half to Full Marathon
- 11 Marathon Training Secrets Every New Runner Should Know
- Marathon Training for the Crazy Busy
- The Split Long Run: Is It as Effective?
- 12 Ways to Avoid Marathon Training Burnout
- Post Marathon: Don’t Lose the Fitness You’ve Gained
- Choosing your race pace
- 7 Keys to Running For Weight Loss
- Secrets to Increasing Endurance
- Why you need a base building phase
- Boston Qualifying Tips from Everyday Runners
- How to Manage Race Day Nerves
Running tips for beginners often skip over nutrition, but as we all soon realize it plays a massive role in how our runs feel! Fuel up right with these tips.
- Fuel Your Runs with Whole Food Options
- Ultimate Guide to Managing Marathon Training Hunger
- Stop Making these Carbo Loading Mistakes
- Everything You Need to Know about Electrolytes (including homemade sports drinks)
- Fasted vs Non-fasted Workouts (will it help you with weight loss?)
- 6 Steps to Raise your Metabolism
I know some of you need a race to stay motivated…but I hope these will help you find some extra reasons to lace up. Bonus points because you’ll find yourself laughing and relating to many of these!!
- Double Down on Bad Runs for Maximum Results
- Mind Games for Tough Runs
- 50+ Hilarious to Motivational Running Signs
- 13 Reasons to Run a Race (and maybe fall in love with it)
- Why The Runners Nod Matters
- 9 Lies Runners Love Telling
- 26.2 Signs You’re a Distance Runner
I am the queen of pre-hab, which made it all the more aggravating to be injured from a silly trampoline in 2017. But these tips kept me injury free for 16 years and got me back on the road quickly after surgery.
- 5 IT Band Stretches
- Preventing and Returning from Stress Fractures
- Discomfort vs Pain the Runner’s Dilemma
- 4 Simple Tips to Improve Running Form
- Preventing and Recovery from Shin Splints
- How to Prevent Knee Pain When Running
- How to Mentally Recover from an Injury
- Hip Mobility Drills
- Why Runners Need a Chiropractor
Do me a birthday week favor and your friends a solid by sharing this round up!
Ready to run faster, farther and have more fun?? @runtothefinish has you covered with 37 killer articles #running Click To Tweet
Other ways to connect with Amanda
Instagram Daily Fun: RunToTheFinish
Facebook Community Chatter: RunToTheFinish
Get more running tips: Pinterest