I interrupt this week’s Workouts and Goals to tell you about my new BFF. Yeah that’s right, Scott and I are tight after a run together this weekend.
Here is Scott prior to our run trying to put on a shoe, while kindly talking to someone else…but mostly thinking he was ready to go run with me.
Here we are post run, looking like pretty awesome BFF”s. Ok so I may not have been running next to him as he was AWESOMELY pacing a 12 minute miler.
Here I am
stalking hanging out with him again as he did a Q&A session.
Ok so reallllly Christopher McDougall the amazing author of Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen(linked to Amazon for anyone who has not read this book, it is a MUST) came to Miami for The Naked Tour with Scott (if you’ve read the book you know he is in it). They did a 3 mile run with about 20 of us and Dr. Romanvo the inventor of the Pose Method talked to us prior to the run.
Dr. Romanov used me to provide a demo on the basics of the Pose method prior to the run and I SO WISH someone with me would have taken a picture. I was in running geek bliss…an amazing instructor talking to me… Chris and Scott feet away! Then we ran at noon in Miami…you can imagine it was hot and nasty…so yes, you may notice I am wearing two tops that was due to the sweat factor.
After that Chris gave a talk to about 100 folks and then Scott did a fantastic Q&A session. Talk about making you want to get out and RUN and LOVE IT and have GREAT FORM… and yes to write that book I feel bubbling inside me all about running. I was so jacked up after this. One of my favorite quotes from Scott was “I say running is 90% mental and the other 10% is MENTAL”. Amen says the Mental Marathon Training creator!!
Have you ever met a running idol? Do you totally geek out when you meet great runners?
I am grateful for meeting Scott (yeah first name basis)
I am grateful for meeting Chris
I am grateful for meeting Dr.Romanov
I am grateful for the friends who also attended
I am grateful for books like Born To Run