As the holiday parties continue and the dessert tables are filled with delicious foods containing all my nemeses dairy, eggs and gluten I’ve continued my hunt for healthy dairy free and egg free desserts; which lead me to…tofu?? It sounds unconventional, but I love finding desserts that pack the protein because they are more satisfying and make it easier to enjoy a single serving at a time.
This three step recipe can be made in to a pie or a mousse depending on what you prefer. As long as you get the sweetener amount right you can easily pass this off to friends and family as their regular mousse!
- 12.3 oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder ( I used cacao)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Blue Diamond
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 oz bakers chocolate (more for a fudge like consistency)
- Dropper of NuNaturals Nustevia – Keep adding to desired sweetness
- 1/4 cup PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter – more to increase PB taste, but increase water accordingly
- 1/4 cup water
- Melt chocolate, then dump all in to food processor or Vitamix (my favorite Christmas gift ever)
- Pour in to pre-made pie shell…chill…EAT.
- Alternative – If like me you skipped the pie shell, crumble some Newman’s Own O’s over the top, HEAVEN!!
***Tip process quickly so your chocolate doesn’t have a chance to set up before blended!
I am grateful for the powers of make up to make me feel more pulled together…and for hats when I don’t feel like bothering with make up!