After the recent feedback that most of you are involved in training vs just working out to stay in shape…an idea came to mind to help push all of us harder in our current training. I know that some days it’s easier to slack off on speed or distance because heck I’m not going to win the race (you might, but I’m not yet!).
What if I were racing against someone though? Hence the PR CHALLENGE! I will pair you with someone in a similar distance and pace to see who can have the greater PR!!!
1. Pick a race between Oct 1 and Nov 31 in a distance you have previously completed.
2. Sign up with your name, distance and current PR in the form here
3. Only races with sanctioned time tracking will count so we can validate your final time
4. You can run the same distance multiple times during the two month window if you choose
5. After everyone signs up I will pair or group people, depending on numbers, in the same distance with similar PR’s
6. Those with the lower PR will send a reward to their victor to say both thanks for pushing me and congrats.. could be a jar of nut butter, could be a homemade medal (did you see Boring Runners last post, too funny), it’s completely up to you and maybe how well you and your partners pushed each other!
Arkansas Marathon medal – biggest marathon medal…you could send that too!
What do you think? Would it get you going and push you harder in the next few months? Sign Up Now!
I am grateful for race bibs
I am grateful for the new timing tags
I am grateful for healthy feet
I am grateful for drymax socks
I am grateful for mulberries