Sexy Sick Pack Ab Challenge???

FIRST MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS SIGNED FOR 7 on the 7th!! Almost 50 people right now, but we can do better!! RunningLaur has made us a fun logo and people are offering up prizes…I’m just saying…

—————————————–
AB CHALLENGE
How about a 30 day ab challenge?? I know we can’t keep going with busting our humps every day to earn points, so in thinking a little more creatively I’ve come up with the 30 day ab challange.

I think it would be great for each of us to select a different program and then report in on the results… we’ve all started a program to never truly finish it…but now you’d be responsible to others for reporting and well not looking like a slacker. What’s the worst that could happen..your jeans fit better?! Plus every runner and walker needs a strong core to keep them injury free, now is your chance to committ publicly to working on it.

FREEBIES TO TEST
Abs-for-life is willing to send out a book with complete details for someone to test…first one who says they are truly willing to follow the plan and tell us all if it works…gets it.

Abs Diet for Women will send you a copy of the book to follow! Again will you follow it? Let me know.

Skinny Bitch has sent a Bootcamp and Body DVD for someone to test and review…first two who are interested in realllly following it…get one. (Note these are best for beginners, not those of you who are doing an intense weight lifting or ab routine right now.)
So do you have a DVD that you do sporadically?? Have something you’ve been considering, but just haven’t gotten the motivation to start?

Felice maybe you could borrow that Ab Rocket from your Mom and give it a 30 day go?? 5 minutes a day according to the website…and look up to 5 inches gone magically!

Other options I’ve seen:
Jillians 30 Day Shred
The Great 1 Month Slim Down with Jillian
Your firmest abs ever
Ultimate Ab Workout Moves
Rock Solid Abs
Turbo Jam Abs
Hip Hop Abs
10 minute abs
Any other Ab DVD you may have!!

RULES
1. Report what program you are going to try by Jan 16.
2. Program runs Jan 19 – Feb 17
3. Committ to really following it or doing it at least 3 times a week
4. Pick a success factor: Jeans are loser, inches lost, whatever you choose just let us know up front how you are judging the program
5. Report results along the way here or on your blog
6. Report final results by Feb 20th to be entered in drawing for prizes
———————————

Yeah good run this morning!! I can run so much faster outside, it’s crazy..I don’t really understand it because it used to be the opposite. Maybe it’s because of the incline on the treadmill it feels easier outside…twinges on the downhill, but otherwise fantastic!! Time now for some abs…yup I’m reviewing some options now

———————————-
Jan 1: I am grateful for the chance to meet new people.
Jan 2: I am grateful that I have a job to go to…even when I don’t want to.
Jan 3: I am grateful I have runners to whine to that will understand my frustration.
Jan 4: I am grateful for lazy Sunday mornings to read the paper and enjoy some hot tea.
Jan 5: I am grateful for sunshine.
Jan 6: I am grateful for leftovers to make quick lunches.
Jan 7: I am grateful for a flexible work environment.
Jan 8: I am grateful for learning about Girls On the Run.
Jan 9: I am grateful for easy going pets.
Jan 10: I am grateful for friends who will happily make fools of themselves in the name of entertainment.
Jan 11: I am grateful for the ability to run, even short runs!
Jan 12: I am grateful to have a good doc to turn to with my knee issues.

Chobani Review
Weekend Recap

Comments

I have no program to do. But this sounds like fun, I'm excited to see what everyone's reviews are. I think the 10min abs sound good, nice and quick. Maybe if that works I could get used to that one.

If you got Men's health and search for "The Tar Heels Workout", there is a GREAT medicine ball workout. One can easily modify the number of reps and the weight of the ball. I really like it…On another note, thanks for the input! Deifnitely planning on hitting up the Olympic park, and there are clearly endless castles ad palaces to visit! We will be planning on leaving Munich. We're going to head to Salzburg for a day or so, spend a week or so hiking in the Bavarian Alps, likely go to Lindau on Lake Constance. Nuremburg is also on the list, and a trip north to Berlin…Is there anything right over the border in Switzerland you'd recommend?

The newest issue of Runner's World had an ab routine that said it was specifically targeted to helping runners build core strength for speed and endurance. I know it's not a DVD, but I'm happy to test that one out.

I already do regular core work and so am not sure how much further I can progress, BUT I would (gasp-I-can't-believe-I'm-saying-this) be happy to test the Abs Diet for Women freebie if no one else has offered yet. Because I think my abs are pretty strong but defined? Not so much.

I wouldn't mind giving the Skinny Bitch bootcamp a try. I read the book a while ago. Wonder if these lettuce eaters know anything about exercise! :)

I'd love to try the Skinny Bitch DVD, as I absolutely loved the books, but I'm not sure how much of a "beginner" I am. My abs are pretty weak, but I've been starting to weight lift more lately?

It'll be interesting to see some reviews on some of those ab work dvds! (And love the gratitude journal!)I'm glad you found my blog. I'm not sure if these redbox codes have expiration dates, or if you've used them before, but try "breakroom" and "dvdonme". (You can also be like my husband and I and each use our own debit card…double the freebies!)Also the code "H48MX2" is good until midnight tonight (Jan. 12th). Hope that helps!! :)

So, there's a good chance that someone already beat me to it, but I would love to try the Abs Diet for Women. I am strong and committed, and crazy enough to post pictures of my weekly progress on my blog.

I would be willing to try out any of the available test books/diets/workouts. If not, I will probably work with the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. I can pretty much get through the Day 1 DVD but the Day 2 really works the Abs. So that is what I will be doing.

My abs (actually my entire core, not just abs) are weak. I can do this test something 3x week thing and report on it Feb17th. I have to decide if it will be trying to assess my new yoga dvds wrt my abs or something else though.

i just started the program from the new rules for lifting so i don't want to commit to a different ab program but i am interested in this topic, i have been doing odd abs/core stuff for the past 11 days (a new years resolution for me) so good luck, it's a great idea.

Ok I'm in. We have a weighted ab ball and DVD that I've been looking for the insipration to use on a regular basis. I think my stats for improvement will have to be a test of how many sit ups I can do before and after. Does that work? Totally measurable. I have a logo idea too already! (doing math all day must not be a creative enough outlet for me…)

Great idea Amanda. I seriously have been battling starting an ab routine. I just know after so much weight up and down that not even core work will bring sexy back know what I mean. However i know the importance of it for everything we do. You might be the one who peer pressures me into working the abs :)

Is there a program that includes beer and nachos? I want to sign up for that one ;-).If there is one that you just want someone to review, just drop me a line and I'll do it for 30. I'm not really a fan of my current routine anyways. Suprise me 😉

Hmm, how about at least 10 minutes of ab work every other day? Does that count as a program? I'm thinking I will either take a class at my gym, do a workout from my cable box or just make it up as I go. I do a good amount of core work already, so this will just make it more structured. Sounds good?

alright girl I am loving these challenges, in fact I am writing about them this morning on my blog! I am so in this one for myself more then anything. I do a lot of ab workout at kickboxing but now that I am training I have to really focus on getting my abs stronger for running. So I orderd Jillians 30 Day Shred, and will start as soon as I get it! THANKS FOR DOING THIS CHALLENGE

17. Anonymous says

Good day !.You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income . There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars. AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become richAimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas. It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.Do you want to become a happy investor? That`s your choice That`s what you really need!I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company, and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way – that`s it!.I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only! It`s easy to start , just click this link <a href="http://isygobug.arcadepages.com/yjovuh.htmlhttp://isygobug.arcadepages.com/yjovuh.html<br /> and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

18. Anonymous says

Good day !.You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income . There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars. AimTrust is what you thought of all the timeThe firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas. Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.Do you want to become a happy investor? That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company, and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way – that`s the AimTrust!.I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only! It`s easy to get involved , just click this link <a href="http://cuhaqyqub.easyfreehosting.com/velylo.htmlhttp://cuhaqyqub.easyfreehosting.com/velylo.html&lt;… /> and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

19. Anonymous says

Good day !.You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital . There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars. AimTrust is what you thought of all the timeAimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas. It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.Do you want to become a happy investor? That`s your choice That`s what you desire!I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company, and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way – that`s the AimTrust!.I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only! It`s easy to get involved , just click this link <a href="http://izycevog.bigheadhosting.net/yjorap.htmlhttp://izycevog.bigheadhosting.net/yjorap.html<br /> and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

I will be participating in Oh She Glow's: Whittle my Middle 2.The only thing I changed is the side planks with twists to side leg lifts.I am a beginner and will do my best to keep up with the reps suggested. Her first Whittle my Middle challenge seemed like a success, so why not! I prefer challenges without exercise equipment too so this works out. I am familiar with all of the moves and can't wait to get started.Check it out at:http://ohsheglows.com/abs/