McDavid sent me their women's compression pants and Power Jumper Leg Sleeves to check out and give you my thoughts... heck I already know I'm going to head back and get their Thermal Hood...hello keep my face warm and sweat free in the not yet warm weather!
I decided to put these to the test at the Olathe 1/2 marathon. I figured if they could help my legs get through 13 miles when I'd been unable to complete that distance for weeks due to injury, well they were winners...RESULTS.... THEY DID!!! I could tell a difference between this run and my 6miler on Wednesday, how cool is that.
Why do you need compression?
It is believed that compression shorts provide a performance advantage. The major muscles of the legs do not lose energy due to unnecessary motion and vibration. This is because they are uniformly compressed by the clothing. Momentum reducing factors like friction are also reduced by keeping the thigh and groin muscles separate.
- Prevents muscle pulls, reduces fatigue, and increases proprioception
- Compression supports the large muscle groups which helps reduce muscle pulls and fatigue.
- The tight fit of compression also increases proprioception (the ability to sense the position, location, orientation and movement of the body and its parts) for better performance.
- Fits like a second layer of skin and moves with your body to help reduce abrasions, chafing and skin irritation.
- Reduces fatigue and muscle pulls so you can play your best.
Would you like to win your own pair of Power Jumper Leg Sleeves to make you even speedier than you are....
1. Visit www.McDavidUsa.com and tell me which product would be great for you.. do you need a good knee brace? Do you need better winter running clothes?
2. Must be willing to send me your mailing address
3. Enter by Apr 1oth 6PMCST
Bloggies who have been following me for awhile and left at least 10 comments will be getting a second entry. Love my loyal peeps.