Looking for more ways to clean up your eats and add moves to whittle your middle? Checkout the 6th Annual Holiday Challenge! Every year people lose weight and find added support for healthy holidays.
1. Only doing ab exercises will not give you a six-pack. You need to remove the fat surrounding your abs by doing full-body workouts and interval cardio training (3-5 times a week).
2. Your diet is 50% of the work you put into it! You need to burn more calories that you take in to reduce body fat. My favorite saying is, “Eat Less. Move More.”
3. Eat foods that are proven “fat burners,” such as lean protein, salads, and veggies.
4. Rest your abs! Abs are just like any other muscle in your body and respond best to intense training every two days. Working them too often at a high intensity will only give you minimal progress.
5. Mix up your ab workouts. It’s more important than doing 100 crunches every day! Perform 15-20 reps of each exercise, then move on to something else.
6. Improving your posture does wonders for your abs. If you slouch, your stomach will pooch. Align your ears over your shoulders, and your shoulders over your hips (when sitting). To continue that further when you stand, make sure your hips are over your knees and your knees are over your ankles. Draw your navel to your spine and keep your weight even on the balls and heels.
7. You have to remember there are NO fast fixes. You have to plan on a slow and steady progression. You will experience set backs, roadblocks, and frustrations along the way, but rewards come with time and consistency.
8. Engage your abs during your workout (and any time you’re just sitting around too!). Aim to pull your navel in toward your back for 15 seconds every other minute. Try this while running…it’s like doing a plank, forcing your entire core to work intensely.
9. Ignore the upper versus lower abs rule. If you’re only doing crunches that focus on your upper abs, you’re ignoring the rest of your abs—your lower ones! Focus on TOTAL ab exercises like planks, bicycles, and leg lifts that engage your entire core.
10. Intensify your daily activities. Be active instead of sedentary. Cut down on computer and TV time and move more. Taking the stairs whenever possible and parking farther away from the store are just some ideas to add more activity to your day. Just by increasing your daily exercise (in super simple ways!) can cut down on body fat levels and reveal that six-pack!
What is your favorite ab exercise or what has worked for you to develop great abs? —————————————————————————–
I am grateful for Oakley Women
I am grateful for these new smart friends
I am grateful for quinoa meal ideas
I am grateful for ab exercises
I am grateful for yoga